Lolium perenne L.
- Very quick to establish all year round.
- Highly suitable for temperate areas and good performance in winter.
- Very pleasing appearance for the recent varieties.
- Excellent resistance to trampling and tearing.
- Turns green again quickly once watered.
- Tolerance to partial shade.
- Not very demanding in soil preparation.
- Durable and robust.
- Poor to average performance in summer, sensitive to heat and drought.
- Fairly demanding in fertiliser nutrients.
- Very competitive towards other species.